Grab Mine & I'll Grab Yours

Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013

Bath Bombs and Healthy Habits





I've made a resolution to myself that I would start taking better care of me, in every way possible. I'm eliminating gluten. I'm walking every day. I'm eating better. I'm dressing better. I'm wearing makeup sometimes. I am making myself a priority. 

Things I've Noticed:

  1. The attitudes of people around me change as I change. Some good, some bad. 
  2. My reaction to those changes has changed. I'm indifferent about the changes, because I realize it's not about me. It's about them. It's not my burden to bear. 
  3. I feel so good when I come in from my daily walk. I feel happier. 
  4. Hot tea makes me happy, too. 
  5. My happiness is important. 
  6. My happiness is not dictated by the size of my jeans. 
  7. Your happiness does not dictate my happiness. Apply the your to anyone in number 1. 
  8. Taking better care of myself makes me feel better about myself. 
I'm going to keep taking care of me, keep improving me, and keep having a fun life. I like the direction I'm headed. 

Anyway, none of that has anything to do with today's craft. It was just on my mind. Here you go, patient reader. A simple craft you can make and give as a gift. 

Bath Bombs/Fizzies
based on this link

total time spent: 15 minutes hands-on
total cost to me: about $5 for a half recipe (just for the citric acid, because I had everything else already)
craftiness level: beginner, as usual

Now, I had a hard time finding citric acid here in Germany. It's not that it isn't around. The problem I had was that it was sold in tiny, relatively expensive packets. I had to buy three of them to get a scant half-cup. So, I spent roughly $5US to get half of the amount called for in this recipe. Your cost will be lower if you're in the US. Citric acid is readily available in larger jars. Ball company sells it witht the canning supplies. You can find it in the baking aisle, too. 

Tip: Use witch hazel, not water, when spritzing the mixture. It seems to improve the stability of the fizzies. 

Half of Martha's recipe netted us 14 bath fizzies. 

See you tomorrow for another holiday craft idea!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen