Grab Mine & I'll Grab Yours

Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Freitag, 29. November 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas: Day One






So, did you have a great Thanksgiving? All filled up on turkey and sides and desserts? Are you heading out for Black Friday sales today?

We had a lovely meal together, just the four of us. We didn't do turkey or ham. Instead, we opted for just the favorites: our French meat pie, macaroni and cheese, corn casserole, cornbread stuffing with bacon and onions, sweet potatoes, and pie: pumpkin and pecan. Good stuff. 

Now, it's time to move on to Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. It just makes me feel happy. I love decorating. I love the festivities. And I want to share it all with you!

For the entire time between Black Friday and Christmas Eve, I'll be sharing ideas for decorating, cooking, and gift-giving that I've found on Pinterest. 

I'll be sharing only the doable ideas, with certain criteria:


  1. Ingredients and/or supplies must be easy to find. 
  2. Projects must be low cost. Upcycling is a plus. 
  3. They can only take up to three hours to complete. No one has time for lengthy projects this time of year!

So leave it to me. I'll be your guinea pig, weeding through all the promising ideas on Pinterest and bringing you only the ones that are quick, easy, and worthwhile. Follow me throughout the season for ideas to stock your Christmas crafting list. Right up through Christmas Eve, I'll show you it's never too late for some holiday crafting. 

First craft of the season: This bad boy's been on my Pinterest "to-do" list for only a month, making it one of my newest "to-do" items. 


here's how mine turned out. I like him. 

total time spent: less than three Doctor Who episodes
total cost to me: about $3.00: hat and tulle from the thrift shop, and wreath base from a local store. already had glue gun. 
craftiness level: beginner -- just know how to tie a knot and use a glue gun. 

You'll need some tulle, a foam wreath base, a Santa hat, and a bit of ribbon and a hot glue gun. Full instructions found at the link above. 

One note: You'll want to trim the tulle up a bit to give Santa's beard an even cut once you're done. Oh, and double knot the tulle. 

I'm quite happy with the way mine turned out, and would be happy to give this as a gift, though he's destined to decorate my door this season, instead. 

See you tomorrow for another Pintastic holiday idea!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen