Grab Mine & I'll Grab Yours

Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Montag, 11. November 2013

Self-Imposed Busyness






I have been so busy lately I scarcely have time to think, let alone blog. Here I've gone and started this lovely little blog and have been just about ignoring it ever since. 


NaNoWriMo. 

I've been busy writing a novel. I'm at 30,000 words exactly, as of last night. It's consuming my month. Last night snuck up on me, and I realized at bedtime that I was without a weekly menu plan. And when you're spending three to five hours a day writing, plus homeschooling, plus trying to maintain a home and three relationships, a menu plan is pretty much a requirement, don't you think? Oh, what, you wouldn't know? You think I'm insane? Yeah, you're likely spot-on there. 

Still, it's fun! I'm writing the story about two strangers who come together to change their destinies, and to awaken the world to some pretty awful things happening behind everyone's backs. It's really a metaphor to reality, but that's not how I intended it to come across. 

Actually, to be honest, if there's one thing I've learned writing this novel so far, it's that the novel is writing itself, and rewriting me. The words that come out of my fingertips often surprise me, as though they didn't really come out of my own mind, but out of the minds of characters I'm still getting to know. 

So please have patience with me, as I learn to fit this new part of me, the writer part, into my delicately balanced existance. I love writing, and NaNoWriMo has awakened the beast. I don't intend to stop on November 30th. I don't intend to stop ever. I have to find a way to fit writing into my daily life, and I think three hours a day is a good amount of time to do it. I just have to learn to schedule myself. Not a strong suit with me. 

Oh, also, I'm writing a U.S. History curriculum for my fifth grader, because nothing on the market is quite right for her. That is a lot of work. We're going to focus the first half of 2014 on U.S. History from Roanoke until just before World War I. It's a lot of ground to cover in six months, but I'm putting books, movies, video clips, hands-on activities, and more together to make it work. 

I'm in the middle of several crafts. 

And I've got a move that spans two continents coming this summer. 

And I've got this blog. :)

Without further adeu, my menu for the week:

Monday:
Breakfast: Egg White Bites
Lunch:Fried (brown) rice with vegetables
Dinner: Black Bean Soup in the slow cooker (throw a bag of black beans in the crock pot and soak overnight. drain, return to crock, add a diced onion, a diced bell pepper and some vegetable broth, cook all day, puree half of the soup. top with green onion, sour cream, and/or cheese. easy!)

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cinnamon-Raisin Quinoa Breakfast
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Slow Cooker Creamy Beef over Rice & oven-roasted Brussels Sprouts

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Egg White Bites
Lunch: (out)
Dinner: Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans

Thursday
Breakfast: Apple Pie Bites
Lunch: (out)
Dinner: Chicken from the food truck and Greek salad

Friday
Breakfast: Paleo Sweet Potato Hash & Eggs
Lunch: Refried Bean Soup
Dinner: Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Tomato Soup

Saturday
Breakfast: Almond Flour Yogurt Waffles
Lunch: Stuffed Mexican Sweet Potatoes
Dinner: Pork and Green Chili Stew

Sunday
Breakfast: Yogurt with fruit and Paleo Pumpkin Granola
Lunch: Paleo Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
Dinner: Slow Cooker Lentil Soup

Snacks throughout the week

Baked Herb Veggie Quinoa Bites
Coconut Cinnamon Apples
Zucchini Chips


Sweet Treat to End the Week

Gluten-Free Nutella Brownies (omg!!)

As you can see, I'm relying heavily on my slow cookers. I can't imagine getting through this month without them. Which reminds me: Thanksgiving is coming up, too. I have to do that shopping this week. Sigh. 

PS Any recommendations on alleviating screen-related headaches? 


this post is linked to the following: 

menu plan monday
manic monday

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen