Grab Mine & I'll Grab Yours

Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

What's Cookin' at My House






In nine months, my family is moving back to the USA from Germany. 

I'm so sad that we have to leave Europe. I love it here. 

What's not to love? The food, for starters. Take a look at a few of the reasons I love Germany:








Do you see why I need to watch what I eat so I can lose some weight before I move? This and so much more is everywhere! So I announced to my family that we're going back to eating clean and ditching the gluten. 

My oldest (a high schooler) doubts me. She said, "yeah, right. I've given up on this family eating clean. We've tried so many times."

Ouch. 

But she's right! We do. We start out strong and finish weak. Usually, our healthy eating ends with a quick run through the McDonald's drive thru line. 

Something about her doubt fuels my fire. I'm determined not to give in, and not to give myself a reason to. I'm determined to find easier, tastier, clean eats for my family and me. 

Here goes week one. 

Breakfasts:

Grab & Go Egg White Bites
Egg & Avocado Toast
Oats with berries and honey
Greek yogurt with fresh fruit
Cereal (Gluten-free) with almond milk and berries

Lunches:

Tuna (homeschooled, fifth grade) & I eat lunch at home. Bay (public schooled, ninth grade) & Hubs take lunch boxes to school & work. Listed are just weekend lunches and lunch items I make to last the week for Tuna & me. 

Tuscan Chicken Soup
Spaghetti Squash with turkey meatballs and tomato sauce
Burrito Bowls (rice with various burrito fillings, make your own)
Garden Vegetable Soup with crusty gluten-free bread (From Paleo Slow Cooker book)
Loaded Rice Cakes: Rice cakes topped with nut butter and any of the following: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, coconut, fresh fruit

Dinners:

Monday:Turkey with Blueberry Pan Sauce, rice, and steamed broccoli


Tuesday: Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa & Black Beans (tried & true)

Wednesday: out to eat

Thursday: Buy a chicken from the rotissirie chicken truck, salad, and crusty bread

Friday: Hearty Beef & Cabbage Soup & Crusty Bread (Paleo Slow Cooker)

Saturday: Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Sunday: Coconut Curry Chili

This post is linked to Manic MondayMenu Plan Monday, Manic Monday, Mingle Monday, Moms Monday Mingle

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen